Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Begining

How did I decide? About a month ago after failing at many fad weight loss diets I decided that I need to make a change. My mother previously went through the gastric bypass and she had her ups and downs. The problem with her is that she has no control and is a chronic lier.  Most of her recovery she spent sick and depressed. After telling her what my plans were she seemed to become defensive about the whole issue. Often asking why I wanted to do it, and updating me on her weight loss/gain which she never did before. She out of the blue would say when you see my surgeon dont say anything about me (we have the same surgeon), then days later she said to tell him Im doing fine. It is rather weird so more often then not I do not talk to her about the subject. My main source of encouragment is my boyfriend. Although he hasnt come to an appt with me yet I have asked him to join me during my next support meeting. He agreed and I was surprised he would come with me but extremely happy.
Since I have made the decision to get this weight loss procedure done I seem to be eatting more. I am scared to loose all the food that I loved and loved me back in a sense. I know in the back of my head that I will eat I guess im just getting scared a little now.
In the end I knew I needed to be healthier, I needed to exercise and eat right. From past expreience I knew I couldnt do it alone. Hence my decision to get the lap-band

1 comment: