Sunday, August 22, 2010

11 days post op

Ok everyone so today is 11 days post op. Since 7/30/2010 I have lost a total of 17 pounds which is 10% of my goal. Things are going okay. I still have slight pain when I breath deep breaths, cough, sneeze and laugh but it is almost 1000x better then a few days ago. I am current on a purree diet which has been okay. I think personally I am more on a mushie/soft food diet. Everything so far goes down easily. I can tell when I am getting full because the food tends to go down a lot slower and I get this tightness right behind my breast bone. It almost feels like you have take too big of a bite.So then I stop eating when I feel that. I can feel I need a fill because it is just to easy to eat foods. I do get fuller quicker but it doesnt stop me from eating more then I think I should with the bad. This is often a shared complaint amoungs the banded community.  I am finding is VERY hard not to drink 30 min before and after as well as during the eating process. I am not sure I can even break that habit but I will try. I also found out that pasta of any kind is a No-No. It makes me very gasy and BLOATED. Which in turn leads to me being very uncomfortable. I also found that my underwire bra is also hurting me too. My band is located just under the end of my breast bone and my underwire sits right there. Of course a 46D is going to add a lot of unwanted weight there. Another thing I am truely happy about is that I can now sleep and lay on both of my sides. After surgery I could only lay sitting up on my back. Now I can lay down with two pillows on my sides! YES! That is how I like to sleep! LOL..On the sad hand the other day as I was tending to my wounds I saw that the three smaller ones did not look that great. Red around the edge. One of them was not closing like I though it was. So yesterday evening I hit those things with anitbiotic cream and antibiotic band aids. I hope this works and they start closing up. I have a surgeons appt tomorrow in the AM. I will post after that to let you all know how things are going!

- Much Love,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment